Sunday, December 6, 2009

ALOO PARATHA


Aloo Paratha

Ingredients

Wheat flour-1 1/2 cup
Potatoes-2
Onion-1
Cumin seeds-1 tspn
Green chillies-2
Garam masala-1/2 tspn
Salt- as required
Oil-as required
Water-as required
Coriander leaves-1/4 cup

Method

Chop the onions, green chillies, and coriander leaves finely. Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.

To the mashed potatoes add a little salt, chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, garam masala and cumin seeds. Make small balls and keep aside

Mix wheat flour, salt and required amount of water to make a soft dough. Rub a teaspoon of oil over the dough at last and let it rest for sometime.

Take a lemon size dough, roll it into a small circle. Keep one potato ball and cover all the sides and again roll it into a round shape.

Heat a flat tawa , when it is hot add the paratha and let it cook for a minute. When it starts to get small bubbles turn around and add a small teaspoon of ghee or oil around the paratha. When the brown spots appear take it out and serve hot with onion yogurt salad.

14 comments:

  1. Aloo paratha looks yummy and it is perfect for breakfast. I love aloo paratha very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love aloo paratha..Looks perfect and yumm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite paratha,Looks yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect partha preethi...My fav in parathas..love it.
    Im glad u like the prawn masala recipe....and thanks dear for letting me know that!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite aloo paratha,yummy with curds & perfect for breakfast...

    ReplyDelete
  6. first time here and this alu paratha looks perfect..
    actually i made alu n methi paratha for breakfast today n my husband likes it with homemade malai ..he he...in your picture the onion yogurt dip looked like malai n i thought here is another malai with alu paratha lover...:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favourite paratha .Delicious and filling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite Parathas too. I love it with curds and lime pickle. Looks yummmy !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love it with curd but I am not good at making it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous New Year dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to share an award with u,pls accept it from my blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. what to do i didn't taste aloo paratha..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Preethi
    How are you?
    Just going thru my friend blogger list...No posting for a long time?
    we are waiting

    ReplyDelete
  14. aloo paratha looks delicious

    ReplyDelete

Ur comments makes me happy as well as improve myself.Thanks for ur visit and for leaving ur comments in my blog world.